• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Simple SE using pwr trans without ct

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Have looked through my collection of power transformers and none have a centre tapped high voltage winding. Just to get it going to see if it suits my speakers I am wondering if I can use a bridge rectifier arranged as either:

1. a hybrid using the tube rectifier plus the 2 diodes on the pcb but fitted in reverse with the other end of the diodes (which go to connection SW1) linked to gnd at the connection for the centre tap. This is a very short link on the pcb.

2. all diodes external to the pcb with B+ tapped into the junction of R1 and C2 and gnd to the connection for the centre tap.

In both cases the heater connections would be untouched.

Here is the schematic:
Simple SE schematic

Please tell me if this is dangerous!!!!!
Thanks, sp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.