• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

X2 cap for Simple Single Ended

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So I'm finally getting ready to build my amp and I have a question. I am not using the circuit board -- though at this point I would have been finished months ago had I gone that route. Anyway, since I am using a turret board, I do have a bit of extra flexibility.

Should I use an X2 cap and resistor between the signal and power supply grounds and the chassis? I see Bruce did this on the OddBlock design and that in his design and construction tips he recommends it.

I am not aiming for an ultimate build, but the inclusion of these two parts would be cheap and painless.

Thanks for comments,
Ben

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.