X2 cap for Simple Single Ended - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Tubelab

Tubelab Discussion and support of Tubelab products, prototypes and experiments

Old 20th May 2011, 06:31 PM   #1
bamph is offline bamph  United States
diyAudio Member

Default X2 cap for Simple Single Ended

So I'm finally getting ready to build my amp and I have a question. I am not using the circuit board -- though at this point I would have been finished months ago had I gone that route. Anyway, since I am using a turret board, I do have a bit of extra flexibility.

Should I use an X2 cap and resistor between the signal and power supply grounds and the chassis? I see Bruce did this on the OddBlock design and that in his design and construction tips he recommends it.

I am not aiming for an ultimate build, but the inclusion of these two parts would be cheap and painless.

Thanks for comments,
Ben

Last edited by bamph; 20th May 2011 at 06:40 PM.
Old 21st May 2011, 06:02 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

I have a resistor-cap filter from earth ground to chassis/star ground on my amp with no problems.

Hide this!Advertise here!