Simple SE Printable Board Layout - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Tubelab

Tubelab Discussion and support of Tubelab products, prototypes and experiments

Old 7th April 2011, 06:01 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Simple SE Printable Board Layout

Where can I print the layout of the Simple SE board(1:1 size)? The Enclosure page on the website does not show any.

I need to repeat chassis layout/drilling. I damage the original aluminum plate I am working on and the board is already populated. I want to make sure I am not going to make a mistake on this one.

Thank you very much!

Abe
Old 7th April 2011, 08:25 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

I once posted the dimensions in my build thread. You can find it here:
Another Simple SE builder

Print it out and check the dimensions with a ruler. It should be very close.
Old 7th April 2011, 09:03 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

As Ty said. Or you can be patient and wait until tomorrow. I bring a copy for you. Godspeed.
Old 8th April 2011, 07:41 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Thanks guys!!

Abe
Old 8th April 2011, 11:57 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

This used to be on the tubelab website, but I couldn't find it there anymore....
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Simple_SE_brd_0.pdf (128.7 KB, 146 views)
Old 9th April 2011, 12:37 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Quote:
This used to be on the tubelab website, but I couldn't find it there anymore....
Due to a complex legal situation that is now unfolding I can no longer use the word Simple and the common abbreviation for Single Ended together any more.

Therefore this board is now known as the SSE or the Simple Single Ended.

This forces a redesign of the web site and most old links will become broken. I am not sure exactly how to do this yet. Some page names were changed rather quickly to avoid possible legal action.
Old 9th April 2011, 01:23 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubelab.com View Post
Due to a complex legal situation that is now unfolding I can no longer use the word...
Good grief. That's ridiculous. I remember a couple years back when they said you couldn't make it all one word, and you were forced to put a space in between after the Simple. Now you can't even put the whole thing in the same sentence? Ludicrous. What's next? Maybe any word that has the letter S in it?

Good luck. You have my sympathy.
Old 9th April 2011, 07:38 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Now you can't even put the whole thing in the same sentence?
It is a complex situation that I will explain further later when I have more time. Synopsis:

There is a company with a product whose name is a registered trademark. The trademarked product just happens to be an audio amplifier. Their name contains the exact same letters in the same order as the former name of my board.

You guys build nice amps with my boards and like to talk about them....a lot. So much so, that if you Google the companies registered trademark the top two hits point at my web site and most of the page points to my web site, or this forum. This is due to a recent change in Googles search engine.

The company is justifyably unhappy about this and wants it fixed. Short term, I changed the directory structure of my web site to avoid Google. This broke a few links. More changes are coming. To avoid future occurences, I will avoid the use of any use of letters that coincide with their trademarked name. They must be removed from my web site.

If the situation is allowed to continue there are several possible outcomes, many of which would cause Tubelab to cease operations. All of which will cost money and time, which are in short supply right now.

The compromize agreed to will allow me to continue to sell the PC boards in my inventory that are clearly marked with the offending letters. I have enough boards to last well into next year at the current (low) sales rate. The white lettering does not come off without taking the green solder mask with it. Trashing 50 boards is not an option.
Old 11th April 2011, 02:42 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Amazing news! Regardless, whatever amplifiers the offended company makes, the Tubelab designs would probably blow them away.
Old 12th April 2011, 05:01 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Regardless, whatever amplifiers the offended company makes, the Tubelab designs would probably blow them away.
It depends on the intended audience and the application. I can't tell much about their product from their web site. The device in question is a multi source multi room audio system. I can't tell if it is a controller, an amplifier system, or both. The other amplifiers on the web site appear to be high powered class D designs. For an application like HT where the ability to shake the house is important, a big class D system will blow away the SSE....literally. Most of us here would prefer the sound of the SSE. We however are a small minority. I have sold about 250 boards over 5 years, how many MP3 players have been sold?

As I explained to the legal people, our markets are quite different and there is virtually zero cross correlation. They sell complete amplifiers and systems. Tubelab does not, we sell the ability for you to make your own amplifier. People who learn how, and then actually build their own amp tend to be proud of their creations. We talk about them here and all over the web. That's where the trouble started.

Hide this!Advertise here!