Simple SE Printable Board Layout - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Tubelab

Tubelab Discussion and support of Tubelab products, prototypes and experiments

Old 12th April 2011, 06:41 PM   #11
chrisb is offline chrisb  Canada
diyAudio Member

George - as if you hadn't already enough on your plate - this is just too effen crazy

Will forum moderators be required to edit all archived posts that include certain combinations of the words / letters in question?

this is just simplee too effen crazy

oops, I said that already - hope I didn't wake the google-bots
Old 12th April 2011, 08:10 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Actually, I think it would be pretty funny if ****** ** was added to the auto-censor just like ****, ***** and ****.

George, I really, really respect your temperament through all of this. I'd probably swear, break something and then take my ball and go home. Hopefully you will be able, and willing, to continue because the Simple is the most fun I've ever had with a project, and the one where I felt most successful with the finished product.
Old 12th April 2011, 11:11 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Hopefully you will be able, and willing, to continue because the Simple is the most fun I've ever had with a project, and the one where I felt most successful with the finished product.
The agreement we reached only requires me to cease using the name going forward and remove all traces of the text from my web site. I will post a banner at the top of the Tubelab forum and on my web site asking people to please refer to it by the names SSE or Simple Single Ended. The boards will still have the old name silkscreened on to them until I need to order more. Eventually I need to remove the name from the graphic images since sooner or later Google will figure out how to search those up too. I still can't figure out why a Google search for their trademarked name finds references to my board even though their name is nowhere in the text of the site found by the search engine. Fortunately none of those hits are on my web site.

I have been selling the SSE board for almost 5 years. People still get the board names mixed up, and going forward there could be more boards so I think they will all have names like SSE, TSE (or TSE-DHT), and SPP. There will probably be a number to denote a revision, so the new SSE will be SSE-2.

Oddly people emailed and begged for the SPP, and no one buys it. I think I have sold 15 or 20 of them.

Quote:
George - as if you hadn't already enough on your plate
My wife has been away tending to her terminally ill mother. She was home 44 days last year and 6 this year for my mothers funeral. She used to help with Tubelab, and was generally supportive. This incident has persuaded her to change her mind. She is now in favor of ceasing operations, since I really don't have the time any more. I'm sure there will be more discussions once she returns home for good, but for that to happen her mother must be cured (a real long shot) or.......

I still haven't had the time to figure it all out, but for now Tubelab will continue and the SSE is and always has been the best selling board, probably because it is UH......Simple and UH....Single Ended.

Quote:
Will forum moderators be required to edit all archived posts that include certain combinations of the words / letters in question?.......this is just simplee too effen crazy.....oops, I said that already - hope I didn't wake the google-bots
It was not part of the deal. I do ask that people don't purposefully try to rattle the cage, Remember these people have a right to their trademark and they were quite civil in the dealings. They could have squashed me like a bug on the winshield of a large law firm. There would be nothing to gain since Tubelab has more debt than assets, but law isn't about who is right, it is about who has the best council, and I can't afford to play that game.
Old 14th April 2011, 07:14 PM   #14
rknize is offline rknize  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to rknize Send a message via Yahoo to rknize
Good luck George. I've been up a similar river before a few times with respect to my websites. In the end it turned out OK, but only because I am a small fry and not worth the effort. Google "oil filter review".

As far as Google, it just sorts results in order of popularity. Nothing more. Google has been sued over issues like this, but in the end they just want to have the most relevant results. To them, relevance equals popularity.

Good luck! As far as your boards...SSE and TSE are pretty much what I call them anyway. Tubelab SE and Tubelab S!mp|3 SE are too easy to get confused.
Old 14th April 2011, 07:36 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I've been up a similar river before a few times with respect to my websites.
Guess who is on the first page now when you search for the trademarked name? I can't find the forbidden word in your text though. I just checked again and today you have slipped to the second page.
Old 14th April 2011, 07:52 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Haha...you know I never think anyone ever reads those pages. Then I found out that another vendor who posts here refers to one of my pages all the time. I felt embarrassed because I could have done a much better job if I knew it would get that much traffic!
Old 14th April 2011, 09:39 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

Remember, Google knows all....sees all. I also found a path to your site by searching for "Shelby" a while back. Oddly enough the same search led me to my web site. I used to have a picture of a 1986 Shelby Charger on my site. For now all the car stuff is gone.
Old 15th April 2011, 03:56 AM   #18
diyAudio Member

My previous offer still stands.

Hide this!Advertise here!