• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Simple SE: Help sourcing power cap C1, 47uF 500V

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
DO NOT go higher than 47uF for C1, you can go lower. If you cannot find a 47uF 500V cap then a 33uF or 39uF 500V cap will be a better value for C1.

Ok thnx !

I get this one from ebay:
$_57.JPG

Humax

Be careful of getting parts like this on Ebay, especially from China.That doesn't look like a genuine Cornell Dubilier capacitor.
It's a safe bet that it is a fake Chinese knockoff.
Genuine Cornell Dubilier capacitors usually have have a band down the side indicating the negative terminal not a dashed line.
They are made in China and are usually marked CDE USA not Made in USA.
You should source parts like this from reputable dealers. Get things like speaker and RCA jacks, tube sockets and similar
hardware from Ebay China sellers.

Be careful of getting parts like this on Ebay, especially from China.That doesn't look like a genuine Cornell Dubilier capacitor.
It's a safe bet that it is a fake Chinese knockoff.
Genuine Cornell Dubilier capacitors usually have have a band down the side indicating the negative terminal not a dashed line.
They are made in China and are usually marked CDE USA not Made in USA.
You should source parts like this from reputable dealers. Get things like speaker and RCA jacks, tube sockets and similar
hardware from Ebay China sellers.

I agree about buying components from the bay and China, too many fakes out there.
Here's the real thing from Mouser... There is a difference. I used a 33mfd instead of a 47mfd...

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.