• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Mosfets for Tubelab SE?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
See if you can get any NDF04N60ZG. I know that Mouser still has about 1000. I just ordered some and they are on their way. I have been using them in my amps with good results, but they are now on the endangered species list as well. It seem that HV mosfets have a product lifetime measured in months. If they don't find their way into a high volume product, they go away.

There have been too many builders, especially in Europe who have been burned by counterfeit Mosfets and CCS chips from Ebay.

Mouser number for the On Semi mosfets:

863-NDF04N60ZG-001

Digikey has zero left

Gone at Mouser. Arrow has a few dozen - https://www.arrow.com/en/products/ndf04n60zg-001/on-semiconductor

There is no need to spend time or money looking for old mosfets. Unlike the filament regulator, new mosfets appear on the marked daily and for the most part they are better than the old ones.

I searched for mosfets that met the usual criteria when I set out to build the first TSE-II prototype, selected several possible choices and bought a few of each. I stuck a pair of my first choice parts into the board and fired it up. This is a totally new layout, but pretty much the same design. To reduce the heat in the mosfets The board is now bigger, and a simple zener diode sets the drain voltage to about 100 volts. The new board worked on the first try and has been playing daily for about 2 weeks with 2A3's in it. I haven't abuse tested it yet, but these mosfets look good so far. The Crss curve looks ugly until you realize that the capacitance remains below 1 pF for any voltage between 40 and 600 volts.

Attachments

• stf3ln80k5.pdf
    571.3 KB · Views: 131
There is no need to spend time or money looking for old mosfets. Unlike the filament regulator, new mosfets appear on the marked daily and for the most part they are better than the old ones.

I searched for mosfets that met the usual criteria when I set out to build the first TSE-II prototype, selected several possible choices and bought a few of each. I stuck a pair of my first choice parts into the board and fired it up. This is a totally new layout, but pretty much the same design. To reduce the heat in the mosfets The board is now bigger, and a simple zener diode sets the drain voltage to about 100 volts. The new board worked on the first try and has been playing daily for about 2 weeks with 2A3's in it. I haven't abuse tested it yet, but these mosfets look good so far. The Crss curve looks ugly until you realize that the capacitance remains below 1 pF for any voltage between 40 and 600 volts.

:up:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.