• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Simple SE Tone Controls

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
OK, bare with me I'm new to this amp.

I understand you can drive this amp with a CD player.

But what do you do for tone controls?

Is this an amp that amplifies with a flat response and that is good enough?

Or should I plan on using a preamp with tone controls with this amp?

Most likely I will be using small book shelf speakers with this amp so I am not sure how it will sound of course.

:snowman2: Hello,
I will jump in with an opinion.
These days some say that tone controls do not have a place in high end. Perhaps i do not have high end thinking. Sometimes i feel that the recording needs a little boost or cut. Sometimes the room needs a little help. Sometimes i may not listen as loud and the Fletcher-Munson rules kick in and need a little help.
All that being said the SSE is a power amp and any tone control would go into a line stage that feeds the SSE.
DT
All just for fun!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.