diyAudio (
-   Tubelab (
-   -   Fuse size for the Tubelab SE (

debk 23rd December 2010 03:07 AM

Fuse size for the Tubelab SE
What size and type of fuse should be used with the Tubelab SE amp using 300b output tubes. Wired for USA 110V


rknize 23rd December 2010 04:39 PM

1.5A slo-blo is what I have, IIRC.

boywonder 23rd December 2010 04:58 PM


Originally Posted by rknize (
1.5A slo-blo is what I have, IIRC.

That's what I have too IIRC

neonthecat 24th December 2010 04:29 PM

"Slo-Blo" is the only one. I know this first hand as initially I had put in a couple of 1.5a fast-blow....the in-rush blew them immediately. I thought I had a circuit problem; but it was just a wrong class of fuse.

imnewbie 10th January 2011 02:14 AM

Bit irrelevant question, but what should be the voltage & Ampere specifications for IEC power socket thing that goes on chassis?

Russ, if you are reading this, I like what you used with your simple PP amp as IEC/fuse holder/switch 3 in 1 combo. If you remember part no. for it, please let me know. Thanks.

boywonder 10th January 2011 03:18 PM

imnewbie: The part you seek is called a power entry module, or more specifically, an IEC 320 style power entry module.

They come as just the cord connector, or you can add a switch, fuse, a line filter, or combinations of the above.

The voltage and current rating for the entry module will exceed what you need for a Tubelab SE or Simple SE; they are typically 250V/15A. If you choose one with a filter the current rating may drop to a few amps but that's still more than you need.

Search Mouser, Digikey, etc for power entry module and you will see your choices. A few common brands are Corcom, Schaffner & Schurter. They come snap in or screw on style; I use the screw on style as I find them more robust.

rknize 10th January 2011 05:14 PM

The module I'm using is the Qualtek 763-00/001 (Mouser 562-763-00/001).

imnewbie 10th January 2011 10:55 PM

Thanks Russ and boywonder. Now I know what to look for.

DigitalJunkie 11th January 2011 12:21 AM


Originally Posted by imnewbie (
Bit irrelevant question, but what should be the voltage & Ampere specifications for IEC power socket thing that goes on chassis?

10A/250Vac is what I seem to see stamped on all of them. That is for the plain IEC socket by itself. If you're using an IEC RFI/EMI filter module,it will have the rating printed on it.

rknize 11th January 2011 01:43 AM

If you look at the mouser page for those modules, a few of them are 120-240 "switchable". All that means is there is a plug that you pop-out, spin around, and plug back in. You would connect both windings of a split 120/240 primary to the module and the plug makes the appropriate connections to arrange the primaries in series or in parallel. They work, but are a little confusing to wire-up. It's just a convenience if you wanted to travel with the amp. Other than that there is no voltage rating per se, other than the 250VAC max that DJ mentioned. None of them have EMI filters, IIRC.

If you do get a different module with an EMI filter, then you need to pay attention to the voltage rating.

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:33 PM.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2017 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2