• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

SSE / Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Plugged in my SSE project for the first time yesterday and listened to it for over seven hours over the course of the day and evening. Very pleased with the outcome. Really wanted to say thanks to everyone on the board with all the knowledge I've gained reading various threads and posts. I'm not going to name names because it would take to much space except to call out George for the great boards and his website were he provides so much. :)

Attachments

• SSE007.jpg
    SSE007.jpg
    615.4 KB · Views: 223
The board is an old drafting board from high school. Just a enough non-conducting area to build it up, put some hours on it before I put it in a finished box. Regarding the run cap, that brings a question regarding discharging it prior to disassembly and the rebuild in its finished box. Can I just short the run cap with say a 20K 2 watt wire round resistor? How about the caps on the PCB? Thanks

Can I just short the run cap with say a 20K 2 watt wire round resistor? How about the caps on the PCB? Thanks

If the amp is operational and the run cap is connected up, just turn the amp off and wait 5 minutes before messing with it. There are dual redundant bleeder resistors on the board. After the run cap is disconnected from the board leave it shorted with one of your clip leads for a few days or until you use it again. Some of them have been known to develop a charge from electrons trapped inside the dielectric.

The board is an old drafting board from high school. Just a enough non-conducting area to build it up, put some hours on it before I put it in a finished box. Regarding the run cap, that brings a question regarding discharging it prior to disassembly and the rebuild in its finished box. Can I just short the run cap with say a 20K 2 watt wire round resistor? How about the caps on the PCB? Thanks

Hello,
The blocks of wood under the transformers with notches for the leads is clever.
DT
All just for fun!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.