• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

6146 in the Simple SE

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, SSE #1, that ran another TWO trouble free years from the last post above, the entire duration in pentode mode with 6BQ6's or 6DQ6's at smoking hot power levels, went to a well earned retirement last night, having been replaced with a newly built ( translation: slapped together ) low power SSE.

I quit keeping track of time on that amplifier, it wouldn't surprise me if it was over 20,000 hours, much of it abusive. It ran so hot, so long, the paint finish was visibly cooked on it.

It will get dismantled and stripped down, and some of its components will live again in a new amp, but it won't be forgotten.

Thanks for the great design, Tubelab.

Sent from my Windows 8 phone using Board Express

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.