Tube Lab Simple SE "kit" parts - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Tubelab

Tubelab Discussion and support of Tubelab products, prototypes and experiments

Old 5th April 2010, 09:47 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Tube Lab Simple SE "kit" parts

OK I have the board and power transformer, I was hopeing George could get the kit bag partrs together. I am a nubie if nubies and would like to buy the parts all as one. I could order from the parts list but when it runs to out of stock and subing other parts I figure I would go off the rails, adding to the complication of putting them together.
Any hint of the "kit" comming together. If not Maybe plan "B" could be that
if somebody is ordering parts they could order double and I could compensate them for their trouble.( I know this is reaching a bit)

Cheers Ron.
Old 5th April 2010, 11:10 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Mouser has project function, and I have the list loaded. I could send it to you and you can load and order using an excel file.
You still will have to find the motor run cap and maybe a better coupling cap, but this is not so difficult.

D.
Old 5th April 2010, 11:13 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default Obtaining parts in Canada

Ron,

George has talked about offering kits with parts, particularly for the Simple Push-Pull. But, don't hold your breath...he's a busy guy with a real job!

So, don't be afraid to order from the Canadian website of DigiKey. They will ship your order out in 2 days via UPS, without the punitive brokerage charges and other fees that UPS usually adds on to Cdn. shipments. I have nothing but good things to say about their service. They stock just about everything you'll need to do the SSE. I also use another Cdn. supplier for tubes, sockets and caps: The Tubestore.com. Again, an excellent outfit with great selection and service. Good luck with your project!
Old 6th April 2010, 12:56 AM   #4
rknize is offline rknize  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to rknize Send a message via Yahoo to rknize
He has a quantity of kits for the Simple PP ready to go. There are one or two fine details to sort out. For the Simple SE, neither he nor Sherri have the time to put them together right now, from he has said. There is also the matter of the Simple PP needing to cover it's own cost still.
Old 6th April 2010, 05:10 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Since I bought the board i might as well see it through.
OK Cat I will go for it.
Nikon1975, if you do not mind I will take you up on your offer, very nice of you.
By the way i have a 1972 Nikon, close, bit of a paperweight now bit I would never part with it, it earned me a living for a few years, long before autofocus.
I will PM you.
Yes I realize George has a lot on the go, and it seems the "kit" is well intended but to may irons in the fire. Cheers Ron.
Old 6th April 2010, 01:06 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Yes I realize George has a lot on the go, and it seems the "kit" is well intended but to may irons in the fire. Cheers Ron.
Lack of time is a major factor (10+ hour work days), but economics is another. In order to be able to sell the parts kits for a reasonable price, I need to purchase the parts in a large enough quantity to recover the shipping charges and our time. It looks like the magic number is 100 pieces of each part. Board sales dropped off the cliff when the economy died, and now run about 2 or 3 boards per week total. The cost of the PC boards have risen about 40% since I started selling them, so rather than raise my prices I have been buying them in larger quantities. The recent purchase of 100 Tubelab SE boards has made further large purchases impossible right now.

I will have to look, I may have 3 or 4 sets of components for the Simple SE's left over from some amps that I built last year.
Old 6th April 2010, 04:04 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

George, thanks for the response. If you have a bag of parts, well great and a big thanks for going the extra mile for a nubie. Kudos to you. And I must say you are a great guy and I did not start this thread to imply anything remotely negative.
If it is not in the cards I will order them from Mouser with the help of Nikon1957's order form to help me along.
If you find the bag, you can find me at mookie1@autobahn.mb.ca

Cheers Ron.

Last edited by Mungo Park; 6th April 2010 at 04:06 PM.
Old 6th April 2010, 05:27 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

If you can't find everything you need in Nikon's list, feel free to take a look at the one I posted a while ago. You can copy & paste the text from my post right into the Mouser Bill of Material import tool. I checked a few moments ago, and a couple of the lines were backordered. Let me know if you want me to try to identify suitable substitutes.

Another Simple SE builder
Old 6th April 2010, 10:34 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Ty_ thanks for your help, I will go theough the list, honestly, you people are very kind with your help.
Cheers Ron.
Old 7th April 2010, 04:56 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Well here is the list Nikon sent me, I hope he dose not mind me posting it.

https://ca.mouser.com/ProjectManager...sID=822e07a6cc

Three things on back order

Which is about as good as it is going to get I figure:

1)Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitors - Leaded 63volts 1500uF 18x35.5 20% 7.5LS

2) Wirewound Resistors 150ohms 5% Tol

3)Rectifiers 8A 1200V STEALTH

TY_if you have any time to look at these 3 items that would be great and I will be able to place the order before more parts go out of stock.

Cheers Ron.

Hide this!Advertise here!