• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Lowering B+ voltage

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Finally put the 2.2uf cap in today. I now have 298-304v across R30. So the lower cap took care of my high voltage issue.
But...
I have a 3 way input selector switch and it didn't matter which pole was selected they were all dead quiet. Now I have a hum when no inputs are connected. The hum wasn't there previously when nothing was connected (except the speakers). All I did was swap out the 22uf for the 2.2uf cap at C4. Would the lower cap value contribute to a hum in the system?

I can live with it since on the 2 inputs I am using 1st one is quiet, the 2nd one has a very slight hum with my ear within a couple of inches and the 3rd... I can hear it from the kitchen (greater than 25feet). Could it be the switch?

I don't know why I now have a hum?? Any help is appriciated.
Thanks ahead of time for your responses.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.