• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Lost in Translatio(or transformation) with Tubelab SE for 45

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am going to assemble a TubelabSE for 45, if I manage to support also 2A3, good, but I will stick with 5K OPT, just use 8ohm tap with 4 ohm speakers.

Anyway, my problem is the 6.3 CT. Here in Japan the transformers are either 0-2.5-6.3 V or 0-5-6.3 V. The alternative is to have a separate transformer for the filaments.

With whitch one I have better chance to succeed ? I was thinking to use schotky diodes for all the bridge, in case I use the 2.5 V tap. From my calculation it should work and reduce also heat generation in the regulator.

This has a technical reason, as with 100 V primary 6.3 V has an odd number of turns.

Best Regards,

Davide

I see what you are saying. You need 6.3V for the 5842 heaters, regardless, so you are stuck using that winding. You might be able to get by using the 5V tap and shorting R3.

Another alternative is to omit R3 and tie TI-3 to TI-4. Put he 2.5V winding across TI-5 and TI-7 like you are saying. Then you would use the 6.3 tap to power the 5842 heaters through the R3 pad. You could even use an external bridge and filter of you want to keep DC on those.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.