• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

tubelab se R3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Question: I have 5.1 V on the filaments of the drivers of my tubelab SE. Filaments of the 300B is correct 4.9something V.

Shouldn't be 6.3 ? I lose 1 V across R3, and this is also correct 2.2 ohm, 0.6 A, makes 1V drop. What's the role of R3 ? What if I shorten it ? What if I put a 6.3 V regulator instead ?

Thanks,

Davide

No your on the money at 5v. The SE can be setup for 2.5v or 5v heater.

Ok go with me on this:

Yes most heaters and the transformer are 6.3 vac
They key is vac
once rectified it turns to 8.88vdc less diode drop
The limit of a 300b is like 5.3v and you can run them at lower 4.3v with longer life but reduced output, 5vcd is the sweet spot

http://www.emissionlabs.com/datasheets/EML300B.htm

So depending on your build you want to see 5vcd or 2.5vcd based on what jumpers you installed.

Last edited:
Is it a general rule ? From the data-sheet of the 5842 I understand that the heater should be fed with 6.3 VAC or 6.3VDC. At the moment I am feeding them with 5.2VDC +0.3V ripple.
The jumpers set the voltage of the power tubes, the drivers should stay at 6.3V.

Thanks,

Davide

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.