• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

New to the TL forum and need advice

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all, I have been working on a GM70 amp for some time now. I have the PS completed (in PSU II) and now working on the filliment PS for the GM70 tubes. I have been reading through the TubeLab site and just today read that this forum was started.

I like the idea of using the TubeLab SE board for the driver stage for the GM70 and the PowerDrive in between. The GM70 is very similar to the 845 and what's been posted on the TL site looks good for the converstion to the GM70.

Has anyone else done this??? I have 845v B+ for the GM70 using two 6AU4 Damper Diode half waves for rec.

I know the PowerDrive boards are not available but looking at the values George used on the 845SE, I don't see that anything would have to be changed.

Here is a mockup of my amp. At the time the pix were taken, I was thinking about a two stage, but have decided on a three stage. Cheers.

P.S., The chassis is 17.5d x 24.5w x 4.5h

Attachments

• IMG_3805.JPG
    IMG_3805.JPG
    132.8 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_3806.JPG
    IMG_3806.JPG
    132.2 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_3807.JPG
    IMG_3807.JPG
    140.7 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.