• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

possible problem with my sse

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Seems like a decent combo. What OPTs do you have? I'm just thinking that you have only used it for a short time and that you might just be driving the amp into clipping and didn't really notice it before. You've only got 5-6 watts to work with in triode and the amp has more gain than some. Mine will clip at about "85% line-level" volume (no preamp). How loud are you playing it?

Might want to check your B+ to see if anything has gone awry in the power supply.

Update. Thanks for the responses. I switched cd players and it seems to be fine now after some listening. I had been running a yamaha dvd/cd player changer. I noticed that the mode selector (stereo, dolby, surround) was acting up a bit. I am keeping my fingers crossed here, but it looks like that may have been the problem.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.