• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Gratuitous shots of my new SSE

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Born just last night (with the help of Russ and others here)....
Mounted all the iron under the deck; just the glowing bottles on display.
Currently KT88 Triode with no NFB connected. Sounds smooth and totally hum free. Plenty of volume when fed by CD or MP3 player.

Regards,
"The Cat"

Attachments

• IMG_2123_sm.jpg
    IMG_2123_sm.jpg
    271.5 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_2114_sm.jpg
    IMG_2114_sm.jpg
    310.4 KB · Views: 283
Ty:
Thanks for the kind words!
It's not that I don't like to see the iron on top of a chassis, it's just that my plain Hammond xfmrs are so butt ugly.
Now if I could have afforded some Tangos...

nic6paul:
Yeah, you can just make out the CL-90's on a 4 position barrier strip at the left rear of the box. I was very surprised at how gradually the amp comes up to operating voltage with the CL's and the 5AR4. Should make life easier for caps and tubes.

Regards,
"The Cat"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.