• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Review Tubelab SE B+ - DRV jumpers, please?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I think it's evident that the mentions of leaving B+ and DRV alone for off-board Power Drive,

Yes, the normal build gets a jumper. I designed this board so that it could be used for the driver in a bigger amp like my 845SE. In this case the power supply on the Tubelab SE doesn't get used, or even built. These and other points on the board are where the wires to the external power supply get connected.

I had intended to provide the details for this build up, but from the emails I was receiving it became evident that the majority of people who wanted to built the 845SE had no business attempting an amplifier that ran on 1200 volts and costs nearly $1000. Several perspective builders had never built a tube amplifier before.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.