Adding some RCA outs to a Tubelab amp - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Tubelab

Tubelab Discussion and support of Tubelab products, prototypes and experiments

Old 6th January 2010, 06:28 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Adding some RCA outs to a Tubelab amp

I'm wondering how hard it would be to add a set of pre outs to a Tubelab amp, particularly my Simple SE. I want to have have something I can use to feed a subwoofer a full range signal (I'll use the electronics in the sub amp to do the crossover/EQ stuff).

Anyone done this?
Old 6th January 2010, 11:55 PM   #2
rknize is offline rknize  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to rknize Send a message via Yahoo to rknize
Not sure what you are asking. If your source has a reasonably-low output impedance, you can wire your "outs" right to your "ins". If you are trying to use the input/driver stage as a preamp...I don't think that will work well.
Old 7th January 2010, 12:10 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rknize View Post
Not sure what you are asking. If your source has a reasonably-low output impedance, you can wire your "outs" right to your "ins". If you are trying to use the input/driver stage as a preamp...I don't think that will work well.
I'm not really sure what you're asking either but that's because I'm a little dumb when it comes to this stuff!

My source will either be my iMod or a DAC that I have yet to build. I plan to put a volume pot into the Simple SE so I probably won't be using a preamp, but I do have a Bottlehead Quickie to use as a preamp if I need one.

Does that help? Am I making more sense?
Old 7th January 2010, 12:57 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

What kind of input does your sub have? The best way to do it is before the Simple SE. I have seen alot of subs that have an line level input with a hp pass filter output based on the frequency you select. If you can keep the low frequency out of the main speakers and amplification you minimize clipping and have more usable power.

I guess the best way to procede is to understand a little more about why you want to do this and what your goals are.
Old 28th January 2010, 02:52 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

I made 4 of these this way. I have three sets of inputs which go to the selector switch, which then goes to the volume control, which then goes to the circuit board. One more set of inputs also goes to the circuit board. This last input could be used as an input (it wouldn't be connected to the vol control) but it is connected to the other input being selected by the selector switch, and will be affected by the volume control.
Paul

Hide this!Advertise here!