• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Checkout for Simple Se

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am going to order my pwt and opt's from Edcor tommorrow.

I was reading ahead to see what the checkout procedure would be for the simple se and couldn't find a specific process on the tubelab site. I did see mention of a cd that was included with the board. I don't think i got one with my board, but if i did, i can't find it.

I read the safety pages on the website and have purchased 4 voltmeters and have the minigrabber connections on them.

Thanks in advance.

Roy

The Cd is on his web site. The procedure I used was to:
With No Tubes:
1) Double Check all connections
2) Check filament voltages

With Rectifier Only
1) Verify B+ (briefly and depends on PT voltage. Don't want to exceed cap ratings)

With 8ohm resitor across output and all tubes
1) Check for no AC at output.
2) Check B+
3) After a few minutes make sure tubes are not showing hotspots

With Cheap speaker listen to it.

It is autobiasing so you should not have to adjust any setpoints. Have fun and be safe.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.