• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Driver Bias and Voltage?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am in the process of firing up my Tubelab SE. 5842 drive tubes with 300b output.
B+ is running at 440V with no output tubes and 400 with output tubes.

When setting the driver voltage, I find that I am only able to obtain a maximum of 130V on the coupling cap (plate voltage) on one channel and 160V on the other.

I also found that the CCS's are passing 7.6mA when measured across the sensing resistor of R16/R27. That is for both channels. I thought it was suppose to be 12mA?

I set both channels to 130V and set the 300b bias to 65mA and tried to listen to it. One channel is playing ok but the other is distorted.

Any ideas to trouble shoot? What I know is that the cathode resistor(s) are of the right value and function as designed. (R= 330 to 0 ohm based on pot). Swapping tubes will swap voltages but distortion remains on same channel. I have replaced CCS's but same problem.

Any thoughts?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.