• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Ok, this is Tubelab central

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks for the replies to my 'is this the place for simple se discussion.' I started the Simple Se build a few weeks ago and have learned much from gleaning info from previous posts. I must admit i am a little confused by forums. I was on listservers and groups for years, so i am having to adjust.

I have finished the board, will be using kt88's and planning to order Edcor XPWR059 and 2 Edcor cXSE25-8-5K OPT. I have already purchased Hammond 193H choke and ordered a motor run capacitor.

I have been taking it slow because this is a steep learning curve for me. Thanks to George for generously sharing his knowledge so i can enjoy this build.

Any comments on my build are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Roy

sGregory:

I ordered an 80 ohm 370 volt motor run capacitor.

I haven't determined the Rk value (not to sure what that is, maybe cathode resistance???) but i did order two sets of 5 watt resisitors (430 ohms and 470 ohms) for r17 and r27 per a diy post concerning this. Hope that's right.

Roy

I take it you meant 80uF (micro Farad). I am using the same

Yes Rk is R1/R27. Start with the higher value first. It will run a lower current (hence lower power dissapation) for start-up. Get it running and then measure. If you can set it up so you can change the resistor as you want without having to unsolder on the board.

In my case I am running a little higher voltage. I started at Rk=560 and then dropped it to 510 ohms as I was sure I wasn't dissapating too much power.

Good luck and be safe. George has a good write up on safety.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.