• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Pictures of your Tubelab amp

Just Finished TSE-II

Hi Everyone, Finally can finished TSE-II.

Operating point as follows :
Heater 300 B : 4.95 Volts,
Heater 5842 : 6. 34 Volts (after reduced R3 to 1.1 Ohm)
Voltage at C5 (B+) = 358 VDC
Voltage at Anode of 300B = 350 VDC
Bias 300B (L/R) : 76 mA / 77 mA
Grid Voltage 300B (L/R) : -69 VDC / -68.9 VDC
Voltage at Anode 5842 (L/R): 175.9 VDC / 175.5 VDC
Negative Bias Supply = - 238 VDC

Attachments

• IMG_5834.jpg
    IMG_5834.jpg
    943.2 KB · Views: 691
Reactions: 1 user
Sunil,

Congratulations, that's a sleek looking amplifier you got there! And I really like the way you have done the slits on the top - simple and functional, and pleasing to the eye.

What output and power transformers you are using? And also please tell us something more about your system as in speakers, source etc.

Hi Zman01, they are Edcor GXSEs. The mains, choke and chassis are locally made.

The speakers are Altec 604e and 414/802. The 604s sound fine with the 2A3 but the 414/802 struggle at the low end.

Source is USB out (laptop) --> DAC & CD --> Aikido buffer --> Preamp --> Amps

A9CmHbR.jpg

pIYYKjF.jpg

owQcD8g.jpg

MOTbvPA.jpg

Some update photos of where my SSE currently sits, I tried out having little level meters and while it was a fun little side project I'm not in love with the look. Thinking I will re-do the top panel with a simpler layout. currently very happy with everything and the KT120's just arrived today and feel strong powering some Heresy I's.

Now the real adventure is about to begin, I picked up another pair of SSE boards and I'm building out two purely power amplifiers with each one. They'll be powering a pair of biamped two way Klipsch based horn speakers with an active crossover, I'm sticking with the edcor 15W OPTs as I find they work well however since the compression driver is 8ohm and the woofer is 4ohm they will be different OPT's for highs and lows. This will also be my first foray into laser cutting and CNC bending the chassis which should make for a fun experiment.

Do you mean on the bottom? You would have to lift all 40lbs of it and then poke your finger about two inches deep to touch anything. Like it could technically happen but you would have to be trying pretty hard to electrocute yourself. The holes on the top plate are chamfered so there is just enough gap for chimney effect cooling but you’d be challenged to fit a q tip through the gap.