• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Pictures of your Tubelab amp

TSE-45 Sounds great!

Here’s my TSE-45. Sounds fabulous. Looks OK. It’s a little more “wabi sabi” than I’d like, but I managed to fit everything into a Bud Industries 10x15x3 chassis. I do like the “tube punk” look and so I don’t feel the need to paint it.

The motor run cap and the Triad choke are hidden underneath. I’ve used James 6123 output transformers and an Edcor XPR-131 with black bells.

I’m using RCA 45’s I picked up on Ebay. I had thought I might want to switch over to 300B’s once it was up and running, but it sounds so good, I’m leaving it as is.

Plenty of power for my New York City apartment, it sounds richer and more musical than my SSE.

Now I need another project. What next?

Attachments

• IMG_1760.jpg
    IMG_1760.jpg
    977.1 KB · Views: 818
  • IMG_1032.jpg
    IMG_1032.jpg
    472.3 KB · Views: 817
Finally, iec, on/ off & fuse wired. Sounds quite a bit different from the unit with the Electra Print iron. Slightly bloated for lack of a better description. Let's call it (tendency for reproduced sounds to last longer than they should. Most noticeable at lower frequencies, where it obscures detail) 'hangover'.

Attachments

• DSC_0001 (3).JPG
    DSC_0001 (3).JPG
    157.6 KB · Views: 735
Finally, iec, on/ off & fuse wired. Sounds quite a bit different from the unit with the Electra Print iron. Slightly bloated for lack of a better description. Let's call it (tendency for reproduced sounds to last longer than they should. Most noticeable at lower frequencies, where it obscures detail) 'hangover'.

What's the primary and secondary impedance rating of these Edcor's? And what about the Electra-Prints you are using in the other amp? Are all other components the same?

My SSE chassis is 12 X 14 X 3 in size. I have my 3 Edcor USA transformers mounted along the 14 inch width. They are about 1/2 inch apart. The two output transformers are oriented so the bells are front to back. The power transformer is oriented left to right. The choke is mounted inside the enclosure mounted between two of the transformers. I'm hoping there won't be any hum issues. What are your thoughts?

Or is the layout mkane77g better?

Last edited: