• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Pictures of your Tubelab amp

Here are some more pictures of the inside and outside.

I am particularly happy of the general layout, as I think is one of the main factor that makes the amp so quite. The two polypropylene capacitors are few centimeters away from the OPT, I could easily attach some smaller cap, directly on the additional contacts of the caps, but I am not sure it will bring any benefit, as these caps have already very law ESR.

The cap next to the choke is an high quality electrolytic. The reservoir cap is on board. I used a star topology for the ground, and the center is at the reservoir cap. There is a thermistor between the ground and the safety earth.

Happy new Year to everybody,

Davide

Attachments

• IMG_7762.jpg
    IMG_7762.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 1,850
  • IMG_7764.jpg
    IMG_7764.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 1,791
  • IMG_7766.jpg
    IMG_7766.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 1,765
  • IMG_7768.jpg
    IMG_7768.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 1,747
  • IMG_7769.jpg
    IMG_7769.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 1,753
  • IMG_7770.jpg
    IMG_7770.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 823
Universal TSE with 45’s

Here’s my universal TSE with 45’s. I’m very happy with the results.
OPT’s are from Electra-Print. Chassis and (build-in) PT are from AE-Europe (ae-europe.nl).
I added a pre-out for my subwoofer, a 70hz highpass switch and adjustable 6db BSC. (credits to Matthijs of triplemaudioshop.nl)
It’s hum free after doubling C1.
Power is absolutely enough for a great sound on my Fostex FE126eN sphere speakers.

Attachments

• P5040117.jpg
    P5040117.jpg
    431.5 KB · Views: 823
  • P5050130.JPG
    P5050130.JPG
    564.2 KB · Views: 866
  • P5050128.JPG
    P5050128.JPG
    667.1 KB · Views: 937
Here’s my universal TSE with 45’s. I’m very happy with the results.
OPT’s are from Electra-Print. Chassis and (build-in) PT are from AE-Europe (ae-europe.nl).
I added a pre-out for my subwoofer, a 70hz highpass switch and adjustable 6db BSC. (credits to Matthijs of triplemaudioshop.nl)
It’s hum free after doubling C1.
Power is absolutely enough for a great sound on my Fostex FE126eN sphere speakers.

That's a great project; maybe just the inspiration I need to get started on my TSE.

Hey guys, just got this Tubelab SE 300B up an running. :D I am a very inexperienced DIYer with no electrical background. I struggled fitting everything into this small chassis. My power filter cap is 1mm from touching the chassis on the inside and the board itself is bolted onto the chassis with a mylar sheet (drum skin) between it and the aluminium to make it fit. There is only room for a 20uf supplemental motor run cap which I will add when it arrives. The 5842s are on two socket savers, rectifier is on one socket saver. 300Bs are just in their standard sockets on the board. A standard computer shop heatsink keeps it cool in the confined space. Sorry no decent photos of the inside. But I am very happy with the experience and the final product. Sounds amazing. Needs a wipe down too :) Hope you like.

Attachments

• amp finished.jpg
    amp finished.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 1,655
I finished my Tubelab SE it's playing music and sounds great. I have a pair of DIY speakers based on Tony Gee's "Mezzo Galactica" with a sensitivity of about 90dB. It'll play loud. Louder than I listen.
I haven't had a decent amp in a year and TSE definitely measures up to these speakers. The detail and realism I love.

I built the chassis with 1/2" walnut veneer plywood I had and 3/16 aluminum I bought at the scrap yard. The legs were left from an Ikea project. I slotted the aluminum tubing using a router and a jig I made. I got the tubing at the scrap yard too.

Thank you George, for a fantastic amp.

Attachments

• IMG_2687.jpg
    IMG_2687.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 1,550
  • IMG_2688.jpg
    IMG_2688.jpg
    276.8 KB · Views: 1,492
  • IMG_2675.jpg
    IMG_2675.jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 1,431
  • IMG_2673.jpg
    IMG_2673.jpg
    263.7 KB · Views: 1,390
Thanks Boywonder and zman.

The large transformer cover has vents cut at the back along the bottom feeding the aluminum vent at the top. I may add a vent to the small one but it doesn't get hot only warm.

The extra plates @ the tubes are raised and cover larger holes around the tubes to allow for more air to move, that was the idea anyway.
The aluminum top plate lifts off for access to the top of the circuit board.

Last edited: