• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Pictures of your Tubelab amp

Pictures were taken with a Canon G10.
For the umbelical, in the amp the cable has no connector, goes directly in the chassis. The cable is done with two coaxials (for B+ and B-) normal cable for grounging (shielding are connected only on PSU side) and shielded twisted pair for the AC6.3.

On the side of the PSU, I did not decide yet, as you can see the psu is still in progress. Now I connect wires one by one, I almost destroyed everything with a stupid mistake.

The idea is to try the Salas HV shunt regulator, once the PCBs are ready.

I have some connectors that look like valve sockets, I think I am going to use that.

D.

This is the Simple SE, that shares the PSU with the TubelabSE posted above.

D.

Attachments

• IMG_2369.JPG
    IMG_2369.JPG
    428.7 KB · Views: 2,667
  • IMG_2374.JPG
    IMG_2374.JPG
    569.9 KB · Views: 2,591
  • IMG_2371.JPG
    IMG_2371.JPG
    664.4 KB · Views: 2,547
The idea of the "universal" power supply came by chance. I live in Japan, but I will move in few years back to Europe, so I did not want to buy a bunch of 100 V power transformers, and here is very difficult to find multi voltage transformers.
The Tubelab SE uses the 5UGB as rectifier, that gives me 380 V B+. The SimpleSE uses the 5AR4 that gives me between 410 and 420 V depending on the tubes.

The PS has good components, the first cap is a 22uF Solen fastcap and the second a 200uF Film Mylar. In between a 10H 81DCR choke. I had to add the B- part to support the tubelabSE.

At the moment the B- circuit, is manually disconnected when I use the SimpleSE, I am not sure if this is really necessary. Any input ? I would love to solder it.

I am curious to see the impact of the PS on the sonic, so next I want to assemble the worst possible PS, using a 2$ bridge and cheap caps to see it my non-gifted hears can hear the difference. Next I would like to try various filters and regulators.

BR,

Davide

Here is a picture of the P2P preamp to go with my P2P S.E. amp. This preamp has a volume control as well as a Treble and Bass control. It is the perfect addition to the amp. I got the schematic off the net a while back. All the caps are Russian NOS PIO.

Attachments

• P1010072.JPG
    P1010072.JPG
    622.9 KB · Views: 2,321
Hi Junior,
Do you use a switch to select between the two resistors?
If so, do you have photos to show it?

I have two SimpleSE. One with EL34 and the other with KT88.
I hesitate to bring together all under the same amplifier

yes i switch between 2 resistors via a DPDT switch.
this is just one of the many ways of implementing.

the actual built picture was rather "messy" thus i had also come out with a graphical representation and hope it helps.

SimpleSESwitch.jpg

SimpleSESwitchGraphical.jpg

My Simple PP

This has been a very rewarding project, This amp fired up with any problems and sounds great. It has very good bass too. Thanks you guys for answering all my questions. Sovtek el84m,12at7wc jan philips and a vintage telefunken gz34.

Attachments

• ampdone 002.jpg
    ampdone 002.jpg
    262.7 KB · Views: 2,638
Moparman. Looks cool. Still planning on going to the Nationals? I think I might make it this year, probably Saturday. Missed the last two. I went several years in a row before that. It is 1200 miles away, but I have to visit my mother in law who lives in West Virginia about 100 miles east of the track. If you are going, PM me your cell phone # if you want to talk cars, amps, or whatever. My boss could still veto the time off though.

My SimpleSE

My first tube amp, and though it cost more than anticipated -- what diy project doesn't -- I think it's worth every $.01. Beautiful sound, makes my full range Fostex sing :D

Pretty standard build, Edcor XPWR035, XPSE25-8-5K, Hammond 193J, 70uF motor run cap, .22uf Auricaps, EH-EL34, JJ-GZ34, Jan-Philips 12AT7WC.

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 2,553
  • side.jpg
    side.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 2,518
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 1,152
My first tube amp, and though it cost more than anticipated -- what diy project doesn't -- I think it's worth every $.01. Beautiful sound, makes my full range Fostex sing :D

Pretty standard build, Edcor XPWR035, XPSE25-8-5K, Hammond 193J, 70uF motor run cap, .22uf Auricaps, EH-EL34, JJ-GZ34, Jan-Philips 12AT7WC.
Very nice indeed!
Which speakers are you using?
Don