• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Pictures of your Tubelab amp

Hardest part was the jointing, planing, and finger jointing the cabinet. All components on a 16 ga steel plate that slides in

Went for a rat rod look did the cabinet brown, then sand and distress, glaze, blue, sand, glaze, white, then a bit more blue

Only 8 ohm output

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 1,096
Finally photos

Hi everyone,
I've been enjoying my sse now for about one year
.today some rectified tubed arrived (5u4g) slapped them in. Listened and still amazed at the sound.
Here are a couple pjcs for you.
Again Thanks George for this amazing sse.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-03-31 at 6.50.21 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-03-31 at 6.50.21 AM.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 882
  • Screen Shot 2016-03-31 at 6.50.35 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-03-31 at 6.50.35 AM.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 863
This was a challenging build to say the least! I've built many preamps, P-P, etc. I always laugh when people say an SET is not for beginners but yet they have so few parts ... NOW I get it! :cool:

Anyway, here she is in all her glory. Running Amperex 5842 and CX-345's. This has to be one of the best sounding amps I have ever heard! I am powering a set of Klipschorns with ALK CSW crossovers. The amp was build as a "universal" so I can swap B+, filament, OPT impedance and speaker impedance on the fly without unsoldering.

Many thanks to all in this forum that helped me along the way!

Attachments

• TSE45-1.JPG
    TSE45-1.JPG
    215 KB · Views: 1,149
  • TSE45-2.JPG
    TSE45-2.JPG
    186.5 KB · Views: 1,138
  • TSE45-3.JPG
    TSE45-3.JPG
    252 KB · Views: 687
Tried some more pictures last night. Cleaned up the SSE, but forgot to clean up all around...

Looking at the pics, I noticed the little tube was pulled out a bit: a Greek friend of mine came to listen, tried to pull it off... while turned on... promptly got burned, hadn't noticed it wasn't pushed back properly in the socket. That's done now.

So hard to take proper pics. I wish they could be better. Also, I wish I had made the physical build perfect: there are a lot of little finishing touches that should have been done better.

These new pics will give you a sense of the scale at least. It's not a cramped build. This SSE sounds stellar.

SET%201_zpsiihuddbb.jpg

SET%202_zps5x82gkg2.jpg

SET%203_zpsbl7i5jkg.jpg

SET%204_zpsc4kfto9n.jpg

This is my first post and first amp build.

Check out the build album here: DIY analog amplifier - Tubelab SSE - Album on Imgur

I think tube amps are beautiful, and how they look is a big reason why I wanted to make one of these things. The sse was perfect for a beginner like me who wanted to lay out my own chassis. I had a local tech check out the amp and everything looked good. It is dead silent and sounds incredible! Thanks to George and everyone on the tubelab forums!!

Attachments

• 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    726.6 KB · Views: 425
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    395.9 KB · Views: 503