• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

measuring voltages and currents simple se

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Wow thanks everyone for all your helps!
Simple se in triode only sounds so good, and plays loud enough even with el34's so I don't think I'll even do the U/L & Cathode feedback.
I would like to measure all the things i should measure.
Do I need to measure the B+ where do I put the test leads?
I fired it up and let it cook then turned it off. measured the resistance of the cathode resistor(s) (I have a switch to select 680/600/560/540/520.
The resistance value decreased rapidly after the amp was turned off. Meter was still on voltage, and was still measuring some small dc voltage 10 seconds after turn off.
Should I just assume the resistance of the cathode resistor?
Thanks for all your help,
pics to follow (at some point)
Paul

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.