Tubelab Simple P-P - Page 51 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Tubelab

Tubelab Discussion and support of Tubelab products, prototypes and experiments

Old 28th January 2012, 10:17 PM   #501
John L is offline John L  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucetassin View Post
You can also PAYPAL George the payment. Its faster. I have made 7 buys with EDCOR, I got all seven in one month or less.

this link on how to order from Tubelab

PCB_ordering
You mean I don't have to go through USPS anymore.
Old 28th January 2012, 11:18 PM   #502
diyAudio Member

Ok, I just sent George a PayPal payment for the $108 cost of the kit.

I am eagerly awaiting for it to come in. Time to spend more time getting prepared.
Old 28th January 2012, 11:31 PM   #503
diyAudio Member

You can also PAYPAL EDCOR for the iron
Old 28th January 2012, 11:43 PM   #504
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucetassin View Post
You can also PAYPAL EDCOR for the iron
I will, but they are almost certainly closed this weekend. They will be open Monday. That will give me until then to look around a bit more.

Sometimes looking around too much can cause more problems than it cures.
Old 28th January 2012, 11:48 PM   #505
diyAudio Member

Online order is available. you just need to open an account (free).
Old 29th January 2012, 03:06 AM   #506
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Ok, I just sent George a PayPal payment for the $108 cost of the kit.
I got it and I will take the board and parts to the post office tomorrow. It will go out on Monday.

I was out all day. About 5 years ago "the USA's largest Ikea store" opened about 3 miles from my house. I took my wife there today for the first time. It took 4 hours and cost $636! Tomorrow I get to build all the stuff.
Old 29th January 2012, 04:14 AM   #507
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubelab.com View Post
I got it and I will take the board and parts to the post office tomorrow. It will go out on Monday.

I was out all day. About 5 years ago "the USA's largest Ikea store" opened about 3 miles from my house. I took my wife there today for the first time. It took 4 hours and cost $636! Tomorrow I get to build all the stuff.
Fantastic! Monday I'll place the order for the Edcor trans and start looking around for other parts.

Oh, is there anywhere on line where I can order custom sized copper clad sheets to use for the top deck to the amplifier? I plan to construct a wood base with the metal sheet on top. I've thought about aluminum, but would prefer copper, or brass.

As for Ikea, I know all about having to put those things together. Fortunately, the interior designer I sometimes travel with to jobs up north, pays me to put all that stuff together. No 'honeydos' there.

Last edited by John L; 29th January 2012 at 04:16 AM.
Old 29th January 2012, 04:20 AM   #508
diyAudio Member

I forgot something George. Do you have another kit available? I have someone who may be interested in the kit. We were both going to order the K12G kits, but I have since changed my mind on it.

He may also want to change kits.
Old 29th January 2012, 01:36 PM   #509
diyAudio Member

Oh, is there anywhere on line where I can order custom sized copper clad sheets to use for the top deck to the amplifier? I plan to construct a wood base with the metal sheet on top. I've thought about aluminum, but would prefer copper, or brass.

Check LOWES or HOMEDEPOT for a door kick plate
Old 29th January 2012, 02:06 PM   #510
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I forgot something George. Do you have another kit available?
There are two left here, with parts (tube sockets) on order for more.

Quote:
Oh, is there anywhere on line where I can order custom sized copper clad sheets to use for the top deck to the amplifier?
I get my metal sheets from OnlineMetals.com. They have copper sheet, but it isn't cheap. I would think .062 would be about the thinest I would use for a power amp, but you could use a very thin (.020) sheet over a thicker aluminum sheet and hide the screw heads by using flat head screws in the aluminum sheet.

Quote:
Check LOWES or HOMEDEPOT for a door kick plate
I have found "brass" kick plates at Home Depot. I think it may be plated steel (didn't try a magnet). It worked out OK and looked nice, but I am not sure it would be big enough for a Tubelab power amp, and it was definitely not strong enugh to hold all the transformers without bracing.

Quote:
Fortunately, the interior designer I sometimes travel with to jobs up north, pays me to put all that stuff together. No 'honeydos' there
This isn't exactly a honeydo either. I have lived in the same house for 33 years. During that time I have collected far too much "stuff." The events surrounding the passing of my parents and Sherri's mom have forced us to dispose of a lot of other peoples "stuff". It has also forced us to see the reality of what will happen when we go. At the peak of our stuff collection, we had a house and two rental warehouses full. I had over 100,000 vacuum tubes. We were spending about $2500 per year in warehouse rent. Time to downsize.

One rental warehouse has been cleaned out. The Ikea stuff is mostly modular shelving that looks nice enough to go in a spare room in the house and hold bins full of parts. The plan is to be out of the last rental warehouse by the end of the year, hopefully sooner. This means there will be more tubes, caps and transformers on Ebay in the next few weeks.

Hide this!Advertise here!