• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Tubelab sse transformer wires

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Guys, i need some help. . .

I have the hammond 373bx mains transformer and need to know what to do with the wires. . .
This is what they say to connect for 240v which we use in the uk, but what do i do with the white wire? is that the neutral?
http://www.hammondmfg.com/300series.htm

And i have these output trans-

Consonance300BOPT.jpg

on the left it has 2 wires, blue says"p" red says "b" what are they for?
on the right i have one that says 8, one says 4 and one has 2 wires saying 0, are these numbered for ohms, ie i have 8ohm speakers so i use the 8? but what do i do with the 2 wires that have 0 on them?

Hi Newtube,

mainstrafo: follow ethermions hint , for 240V connection : white is neutral, blue is live, and brown and black must tied to each other. All other leads shoud be carefully isolated with insolation tape. Insert a 3 Amp fuse in your mains plug.

Your output trafo seem to be a single ended one. The blue and red ones are belongs to the primary. p say connect it to the plate of the output valve. And b say connect it to the +supply voltage .
If you want to play with an 8 ohm speaker, connect the speaker between 8 Ohms and 0 Ohms.

Please don´t haggle with the mains voltage unless you know exactly what you do. It is no warning, just a smack which finally put you out of the match. If you are in doubt, ask quilified skilled persons for help.

regards from Hamburg
Wolfgang

Thanks for that funker :)

Just one more thing, i know which wires which now, so all i need to know is which point on the simplese board to connect them, ie which is the plate connection and which is the supply voltage connection?

This is the one i'm wiring up-

SSE_hookup_choke_triode_noCFB.jpg

There are 2, 3pin terminals for the output transformer connections on the board, which which connection point is for which wire?

Thanks again guys.

It looks like your output transformers have standard colors on the wires that match the colors on the wiring diagram. In this case the 3 pin connectors get wired exactly as shown (same colors). As stated red is B+ and blue is the plate.

The only thing that is not obvious in your picture is which color secondary wires are which impedance, but they do not connect to the board, so choose the secondary that matches your speakers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.