• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Simple SE with CCS and fixed bias

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Having built 2 PP amps, I am now searching for my next project, and I would like to try an SE amp. I have spent a fair bit of time reading about tubelab's SE and simple SE designs.

I am intrigued with the 10m45, mosfet coupling, and fixed bias of the Tubelab SE, but I am nervous about smoking my precious few DHT ouput tubes ( a couple of 2a3's and 45's) that are in my stash for future use as I am still a semi-newbie.

I have a pair of 350-0-350 100ma transformers, a few EL34's, 6l6GC's, KT88's, 6550's, etc and a small assortment of small signal tubes including 12AT7's and 5842's. I have not bought any output iron yet.

I am planning on monoblocks with point to point wiring.

So here are my questions:

Would it be a relatively simple matter to construct the simple SE with fixed bias? The reason I ask is twofold, I seem to prefer the fixed bias approach and I believe my transformers are a little shy on B+ for the simple SE.

Conversely, can the output tubes above work in the tubelab SE with minor mods? That way I could tinker with the CCS, B+, and bias adj without fear of smoking my DHT's.

Are there any other schematics that someone can point me to that use the common output tubes above in SE, fixed bias, with a CCS?

Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.