• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Input impedance for Simple SE?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am about to start experimenting with PLLXO (passive line level crossover) and to select the right component values to start with, I need to know the input impedance of my Simple SE amp. I lack the tools to measure this properly myself.

Surely, someone here knows what the nominal input impedance of this amp is?

Thanks.

It's the value of the input tubes grid grid leak resistor (the pull-down resistor). Which is 220k, if you built it as shown on the Tubelab website.
http://www.tubelab.com/AssemblyManualSimpleSE/schematic_SSE.htm

If your using a volume control, place the cap between the potentiometers wiper and R11. Do the same for the other channel with R21.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.