• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

YASSE - Yet Another Simple SE Build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Actually, I thought the highest demand in a SE amp is when it is idling. If you are going to have a switch for resistors, you are better off putting them in the cathode circuit to get the valves at their best operating point, not the power supply. Another thing to think about is that the 5AR4 (GZ34) draws 2 Amps of heater current, while the 5U4G draws 3 Amps. So you will drop B+ a bit, but may end up increasing total transformer current.

Quite honestly, I think you might be spending a lot of trouble trying to fix something that ain't broke.

12ohm drivers

Quick question for the smart folks out there. This weekend I completed my new speaker project which uses drivers that are rated as 12ohm and I'm wondering how the SimpleSE will do driving these given that my output trafos have a 6ohm tap? Thoughts and opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.