diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Tubelab (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubelab/)
-   -   tubelab se (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubelab/132308-tubelab-se.html)

DimZ 31st October 2008 12:10 PM

tubelab se

just ordered the pcb for the simple se,

so i'm in search now for the parts, I found here in Greece a shop that has Hammond parts (transformers, chasiss etc), any recommendetion on them ??? or should I search further ?

Ty_Bower 31st October 2008 01:42 PM

Re: tubelab se

Quote:

Originally posted by jimazz
I found here in Greece a shop that has Hammond parts (transformers, chassis etc), any recommendation on them?
I'm using the Hammond 374BX power transformer with good success. I would use one again without hesitation.

rcavictim 31st October 2008 01:51 PM

Hammond transformers (Canada) have been around a very, very long time and their quality has always been outstanding, especially the older stuff. Those had a reputation that you could push them 1.5 times over their nameplate ratings safely because of their very conservative design.

DimZ 31st October 2008 02:00 PM

thanks ,

how much does the 374BX cost there ??

cause maybe it would be better for me to order it form Canada ...

as all the times that I have ordered stuff from U.S.A mainly, they were much more cheaper (even with the shiping cost) than buying them from greece ..

DimZ 31st October 2008 02:03 PM

it would be great tho, if there was the chance to order them alltogether , could save me great bucks ...

I see that the HAMMOND 372JX price here in Greece is 125 euro - thats about 165 us dollars ... is this a fair price ???

Pyre 31st October 2008 02:07 PM

They are 150.00 USD at parts connexion here in Canada not including shipping so that seems fair.

DimZ 31st October 2008 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Pyre
They are 150.00 USD at parts connexion here in Canada not including shipping so that seems fair.
glad to hear that, so I guess I'll go for it

N1ESE 31st October 2008 02:20 PM

They are $107.80 USD + shipping here in the states @ AES. If I was overseas, I don't think I'd mind paying $150. Good luck with your project, I'm ordering mine and all the parts on Monday. Be sure to check out Ty's thread on his Simple SE build. He has a lot of good info documented. There are numerous other Simple SE threads as well that I have found very helpful as well.

DimZ 31st October 2008 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by N1ESE
They are $107.80 USD + shipping here in the states @ AES. If I was overseas, I don't think I'd mind paying $150. Good luck with your project, I'm ordering mine and all the parts on Monday. Be sure to check out Ty's thread on his Simple SE build. He has a lot of good info documented. There are numerous other Simple SE threads as well that I have found very helpful as well.
notice that 165$ has the 372JX in greece not the 374BX, if the 108 $ price is for the 374 there is a huge gap ......

i checked out Ty's thread, very useful indeed ....

and good luck to u too

N1ESE 31st October 2008 02:36 PM

Sorry for the confusion. That $107.80 price is for the 374BX. The 372BX is $117.85 USD from the same supplier.