• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Tubelab Simple Se Trannie Shopping List-a Newbie Seeks Info

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
any advice for a shopping list for a Power transformer ( and other goodies) for Tubelab's Simple SE amp?
i have a pair of Dynaco ST-70 tube amp A470 transformers, a swag of goodies for the PCB/kit and am looking for info as to what else i should be looking for by way of power , chokes , controls etc. to finish out the kit. thanks

Where about in Australia do you live I'm in Perth I can recommend Universal Transformers in Fremantle if you want power transformers I get mine custom made from them and they are compareable in price with Hammond tranies but I get mine made with 240,245,250 volt primaries lt allows you to get closer to correct voltages for the heaters,they also do chokes I can also recommend Micheal Percy and Sonicraft for components both very helpful and with our dollar being strong is a good time to buy Farnell are also good to deal with.
Nigel

nkg,

Do you have any indication of price for us and perhaps a photo or two? I am interested in a power transformer for a 6L6 amp on the back burner. Thinking of doing monoblocks due to power transformer limitations, but may consider a stereo amp if I can source a suitable transformer.

For Namatjira,

I have used Edcor output transformers for the last three of my projects, and have planned to use them for the next two that have just started. My first project, a SimpleSE uses the XSE15-8-5K. As I am using a sub for the low frequencies, I have been very happy. Perhaps you might like to check out the new guitar range. The GXSE-15-8-5K looks like it might be good. They will ship with USPS flat rate $37 box to, so you might want to order a few. I managed to get two XSE-15-8-5K and two CXPP-25-4-7.6K in a box, so you might even fit 6 of the smaller XSE series in a box.

Cheers,

Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.