Convert 120Watts to 15000Watts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Combine 1V @ 60A = 60Watts
250V @ 0.24A = 60Watts

So my big question is, can I take that two separately 60watt power supply = 120watt
And make it give me a output of total 250V @ 60A = 15000Watts
Combine the to inputs and feed it to a transformer
In theory, I will end up with 120Watts and not 15000Watts
and how does it work, that I can send a DC source of 28V @ 10A and 250V @ 0.30A down the same cable but that 10A doesn’t help then it come to the 250V
So that 10A it’s only available then it comes to the 28V loads and the same with the 250V @ 0.30A

So does anyone know a solution?

LOL?! You can't 'convert watts'. Power cannot be increased unless you're generating it from something. It can only decrease when it's wasted in say thermal dissipation. To quote Babbage, "I cannot rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that would provoke such a question."

Forget the voltages and currents and think of energy.

If you think of the transformer as a closed system then energy out plus heat losses plus other losses will equal emergy in.

Energy out will always be less than energy in. Unless you have found some magic catalyst. I just hope you have found a magic ingredient - I need some smaller power supplies.

Don

How we see the stuff in a normal viewpoint is that you can’t have a thin high pressured water line and a big low pressured line connected to the same water line, but it’s still interesting to think about thou

Smaller power supply’s generate more heat and have more parts in them, but still gives out a nice output that make you smile, but there must something else to step to, transformers are starting to get old, it’s time to invent something better than a dam transformer, but think of it like this, if someone devoted his or her life to designing a better energy converter/conversion unit they will not post it on any forums anywhere, they will keep it private and in today’s life the first thing they do is patent the dam thing just like anyone cleaver person would do. So we will maybe have a problem in getting info about my crazy idea from anyone if they cracked it

jacquesl said:
Yip I know about that caps and diode stuff but you can only step up with it, and not step down and it's also important in today’s life of electronics to be able to step down voltages.

a different arrangement of the diodes can also convert from high voltage low current to low voltage high current.

Attachments

• voltage multipliers.pdf
    35 KB · Views: 60
Status
Not open for further replies.