Threadjacking

So does the plane take off?

Attachments

• jet.jpg
    jet.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 289
The stuff peoplw throw away;

About once a year my local council organises a special kerbside junk removal service. Households do a spring clean and leave hard rubbish and unwanted household items on the footpath.

Once the stuff is put out it's considered public goods until it's collected by council workers and dumped. As the saying goes ...one persons junk is anothers treasure and half the stuff is usually gone by the time the council gets round to it.

This year Quasi did really well* and found:

A Genexxa STA-2170 Stereo receiver in perfect working order.
A Marantz PM230 Stereo amplifier again in perfect working order.
1 x Panasonic Stereo Hi-Fi VCR's in you guessed it in PWO
1 x Panasonic Mono VCR with small issue in the tape loading mechanism
1 x Sharp DVD player in PWO
1 x stereo speaker set. 2 way with blown woofers and perfect tweeters.
1 x Fan heater in PWO.

By the way has anyone got user guides and schematics for the Genexxa and the Marantz??

Cheers
Happy Q

* and the missus is really annoyed.

:whip: Let's keep it on topic here guys. :whazzat: Many of these posts have little or nothing to do with threadjacking. Perhaps someone would like to explain the merits of using a dedicated threadjack vs. a more conventional pallet jack or forklift? When doing our threadjacking we here at work always seem to be effective with either of these stock tools. Often, I don't even feel the need to threadjack, for instance, when picking one of our specially dyed and coated threads up to QC it.

So: Why the specialized threadjacks?

Anyone wanna take a guess what a half-dyed, half rubberized non-sterile nylon thread is useful for in medicine?

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi badman,
Anyone wanna take a guess what a half-dyed, half rubberized non-sterile nylon thread is useful for in medicine?
You've always wanted to have stripped threads in a human being?

So: Why the specialized threadjacks?
Our quest of more efficient ways to do things have always resulted in specialized tools. We have jacks for every purpose these days. ;)

-Chris

Re: The stuff peoplw throw away;

quasi said:
...This year Quasi did really well* and found:

A Genexxa STA-2170 Stereo receiver in perfect working order.
A Marantz PM230 Stereo amplifier again in perfect working order.
1 x Panasonic Stereo Hi-Fi VCR's in you guessed it in PWO
1 x Panasonic Mono VCR with small issue in the tape loading mechanism
1 x Sharp DVD player in PWO
1 x stereo speaker set. 2 way with blown woofers and perfect tweeters.
1 x Fan heater in PWO.

Of course the Missus ain't so happy, you didn't include some shoes for her. :smash: Man you just keep that stuff clear of the house. Build a bigger shed/shop/garage if you have to? :D I see people every day making a living from the garbage we toss out in the big city. People here will throw out their entire home contents and move away and not even have a one day yard sale? These people must make a lot of money? Who knows?

Good haul, did I understand correctly, if I pay the postage, you were going to mail the PM230 to me? ;) I was going to give you a set of my Uriah Heep bootleg recordings. :cannotbe:

Cheers,

Shawn.