My miniature Maserati racing car sculpture

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well as this is 'off topic' I thought I would post some pics of my first miniature car model.[not quite surface mount scale,hehe]

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Cheers

Mark

Hi Nordic
Thanks, but sorry to shatter the illusion, it was not cut from solid metal but modeled using an epoxy putty.
The piece in the picture is a bronze powder coat polyester resin casting, often known as 'cold cast bronze'.

How about your carved figurines, got any pics?

Mark

Sadly, I keep getting new toys, just not a camera yet... too scared of spending money now as I'm bussy fixing up a house and doing some remodeling...

My last one was a little horse (well its nearly done)
But I'm quite embarased compared to what you did... wood just doesn't cut that nicely....

Got a website where I can learn more about the process... ? always fun finding new ways to kill time.

Hi Nordic
Never be embarrassed by your own efforts these things take
time and hard study to learn.
Hell, diy electronics is the same for me, I just dabble in it ,but
others here have been involved professionally for years.
Likewise with sculpting I have done it professionally for years but
every design is still a new learning exercise in some way.

Check this place out for info on sculpting:

http://sculpture.net/community/index.php?s=

They should be able to point you to any number of good tutorials.

Google searches are also helpful.

Best thing to do is pick a subject you are passionate about and
learn about it.
A good foundation is that old classic, the human form, study
anatomy,modeling techniques and the work of the greats and
you will be away.

It all depends on how serious you want to get about it and what
your aim is.

Have fun.

Mark

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.