Do you have a strange mind?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too. Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 out of 100 plepoe can. I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. wtih the phaonmneal pewor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. The huamn mnid deos not r! aed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

-T

I have read something about it before, but yes it is amazing. It was really striking how easy it was to read that first text quote. There was only one or two words I actually had to stop up and think about. I wonder if this has any correlation with how associative ones brain and memory is? I think I dare safely say that my brain is very good at associative thinking.

But why does the text say that "only 55 out of 100" can understand? We are in majority, so why are we "only"? :)

Hm, better stop this thread now. I can see upcoming problems for the moderators if people start taking advantage of this dangerous research. Tehy cuold fro istnacen strat to byapss teh fruom rlues taht fobrid mikang pesroanl isnults ro uinsg ipmorper lagnaguuge. Hwoveer, ti is fo crouse no piont in donig so ulness teh preson to eb isnulted aslo cna raed suhc txets. Ro wiat, myabe taht is ecxatcly waht ti is? ;)

Tee-Rex said:

fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too. Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 out of 100 plepoe can. I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. wtih the phaonmneal pewor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. The huamn mnid deos not r! aed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

-T

I read this at my normal speed, which is at about a page every 30 seconds. That's pleasure reading, as in novels. Speed reading, that's different. For speed reading the letters must be in the proper sequence, as it is a form of bulk pattern recognition. THis is the same as normal reading (for most of us), but the rate which they are assimilated at in speed reading makes the proper spelling and organization critical.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2003
Innsteerstig. You have to choose how you mix up the letters quite carefully otherwise it's difficult to decode. Although I could read the thread's first example easily, I'll bet that "innsteerstig" slowed you down - it appears that easy decoding requires that the new arrangement must not look anything like a valid word. Anyone using this as an excuse for textspeak will still find themselves in tluobre. :headshot:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.