World cup officiating

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I'm not saying it's an easy job but moments ago Italy was awarded a penalty kick with seconds to go in the time added on to win one nil over Autralia. This was IMHO opinion a non-call. I thought by the time they reached that stage of their officiating career they were better than that. Absolutely disgusting. He is not paid to make mistakes like that. I hope the official is brought before a panel and immediately dismissed. How terribly sad for the Aussies.

Bad officiating was the Portugal / Netherlands game.
Everything about the this World Cup is making me sick. The camera direction (refusal to replay fouls etc) the referee's...Actually I thought the referee between Portugal/Netherlands was quite good...ALL the yellow cards were justified as far as I am concerned...ESPECIALLY the Deco card. People just don't have any morals anymore...anyone trying to slow down the game with a cowardly act like that should be banned from playing football ever again.

But the whole world cup is a circus...it's all about acting / faking / cheating..holding ...pushing ...tripping ...obstructing..delaying

I think that Crouch should be banned from the worldcup for scoring a goal by pinning someone down by his hair and pulling himself up by someones hair to score a goal..why does no-one care about that? Is it because it is against a so-called third world country that everything is allowed?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JURU3iFmRxs

I can't believe anyone still sees soccer as a sport..it's theater ...but very very very bad theater at that. And to think that those actors earn so much.

I never watch soccer...now I know why again..everytime I watch it it makes me sick.

For me the most beautiful moment of the world cup so far was the yellow card Arjan Robbe got for his fake dive......I jumped in the air with the same joy I normally reserve for a beautiful rugby try. Finally justice...or rather ...a little justice...he should have been banned from playing soccer for at least a year for disgracing the sport he pretends to play.

I think England should be banned from the worldcup for scoring a goal by pinning someone down by his hair and pulling himself up by someones hair to score a goal..why does no-one care about that? Is it because it is against a so-called third world country that everything is allowed?

I read an interview with one of England team players of 1986´s cup complaining about Maradona "La Mano de Dios". Soccer has this funny things...

Bas Horneman said:

...Actually I thought the referee between Portugal/Netherlands was quite good...

He clearly lost control of the game. There are not many who think this was a well officiated game...including Fifa....for whatever that is worth!

Bas Horneman said:

Unfortunately there was a penalty...and I nominate Fabio Grosso for an Oscar for best male actor in the world cup.

There would be more controversy if it was not called a penalty. The Aus did not play the ball. He sure tried to play the ball, but he clearly did not touch it. If that fall was an act, he will have a future in acting.

Cal Weldon said:
It's too bad the beautiful game is turning so ugly.

It truly is a shame.

Soccer allows contact.

The italian fall over the aussie, but the aussie touched the ball first and did not put the oponnent in danger with his attitude. No penalty.

The italian did some "theater action" and the oficcial in my opinion was just awaiting for something like that to do that.

He clearly lost control of the game. There are not many who think this was a well officiated game...including Fifa....for whatever that is worth!
Maybe...imagine how bad the game would have been if he had not carded anyone.

And for the Boss of Fifa to say something like that about the referee shows what scum is running the fifa ..they choose the referees and they are responsible. But what does he do? He stabs the referee in the back and thinks that by doing that he is exonerated. Sickening attitude.

Hi Cal,

The Portuguese argue that the Dutch did not follow the Fair Play protocol hence Deco's frustration and therefore the yellow card should be withdrawn. Very clever..waving the fair play agreement in front of the camera's...it is all brinkmanship...to me that in itself is a breach of the fair play agreement

If you read the fair play agreement you can't but laugh out loud..because there is not one team who complies. The only rule they try to apply is the first..."Play to win"

Just saw the news and they showed how Switzerland was not awarded a penalty for what was this time a clear cut penalty...another disgrace for soccer arbitration...what a joke this WC is.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.