HA HA HA this is GREAT!!! ebay scammer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
peranders said:
I'm a bit slow so I didn't get first but now I do :cannotbe:

World news apparently
http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyheter/story/0,2789,833800,00.html

The seller is thinking sueing the buyer for defamation. Life is beautiful.

Actually, according to that article Amir claims the buyer has faked most of it and that most of the pictures wasn't from his harddisk at all. Could be true, of course, but on the other hand, what else would he say? :)

Amir also says he is dreaming about becoming a lawyer and is afraid this will destroy his reputation and crush those dreams. Hm, reminds me of the (former) swedish model who was so wild on a transatlantic flight a while ago that they had to go down on Newfoundland and hand her over to the police. It seems she actually was studying in London to become a lawyer. Not very clever behaviour for her intended future career, if you ask me.

Did I make some language error? If so, please tell me.

Actually the plan landed in Goose Bay, which seem to be the obvious first opportunity if you are over the Atlantic heading west (assuming you are well past Iceland already). This seems not uncommon at all, unfortunately. The police in Goose Bay said they have about two or three cases a month when planes have to land there to dump ill-behaving passengers. So my comment was mainly aimed at the fact the this woman, like Amir, intended to be a lawyer and still did a thing like this.

OK, no problem. I just wanted to know if there was something wrong, or if there was some alternative interpretation I wasn't aware of. Can be good to know to avoid it in the futere in the wrong situations.
I had a guess from you comments it might mean also mean something like what you said.

It is difficult with languages. I have heard similar cases when british and americans misunderstand each other in similar and even more embarrasing ways. Guess I'd better not give the examples here. :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.