More engineering humor

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2005
The Board of Trustees of a nearby University, decides to test the Professors, to see if they really know their stuff. First they take a Math Prof. and put him in a room. Now, the room contains a table and three metal spheres about the size of softballs. They tell him to do whatever he want with the balls and the table in one hour. After an hour, he comes out and the Trustees look in and the balls are arranged in a triangle at the center of the table. Next, they give the same test to a Physics Prof. After an hour, they look in, and the balls are stacked one on top of the other in the center of the table. Finally, they give the test to an Engineering Prof. After an hour, they look in and one of the balls is broken, one is missing, and he's carrying the third out in his lunchbox.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2005
The Top 10 Things Engineering School Didn't Teach

10. There are about 10 types of capacitors.
9. Theory tells you how a circuit works, not why it doesn't work.
8. Not everything works according to the specs in the databook.
7. Anything practical you learn will be obsolete before you use it, except the complex math, which you will never use.
6. Always try to fix the hardware with the software.
5. Engineering is like having an 8 a.m. class and a late afternoon lab every day for the rest of your life.
4. Overtime pay? What overtime pay?
3. Engineers rule the world until the next revision.
2. If you like junk food, caffeine, and all-nighters, then you should go into software.
1. Dilbert is a documentary.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2003
Background information:

The UK officially had a drought this summer.
Thames Water is a leading contender for "Water company fined the most for water leaks".

Attachments

• thames water.jpg
    thames water.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 513
Now that is what I call a thoroughly scientific statement.

I have something that might tickle, just about allowable since the experiencer was an engineer. A colleague of mine and his friend went to a rugby match (the local craze), and as usual parking was not to be found. Pulling in where they were not supposed to, my coll. remarked on it plus the fact that the adjacent cars had already been ticketed.

No problem, said the friend - and promptly fetched the ticket from the next car and placed it under his own wiper. When they returned after the match, the other car was again ticketed! That poor guy would have to pay two fines, because the friend reckoned no traffic officer was going to take the trouble later to check if the ticket under your wiper was your own!.:devilr:

Regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.