More engineering humor

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
EC8010 said:
The following attachment will mean more to UK members than anyone else as it is done in the exact house style of one of our revered government departments...

No foolin' -- I have tried to open a bank account for a UK subsidiary of a US company -- the last straw was the demand by the bank for officially certified (means certified by a government agency, not by our UK law firm) copies of birth certificates of myself and my wife. On the other hand you can PayPal a guy in the UK in seconds.

Joined 2003
Paid Member
In excavating soil 100 metres deep, Russian scientists found the remains of copper wire with an estimated age of 1000 years. They have concluded that their ancestors had a copper wire network 1000 years ago.

American scientists went digging and found glass fibre remains at a depth of around 200m and determined them to be about 2000 years old. Their obvious conclusion was that their ancestors had used advanced fibre networks 1000 years before the Russian had copper wire networks.

One week later, Belgian scientists published the following report:

Excavation of the soil to more than 5000m deep didn’t reveal any trace of wires. We conclude that we were already communicating with wireless networks more than 5000 years ago.

-=Hugo=-

Credits to EC8010 for correcting spelling and helping Belgian scientists.

bluebeard said:
sagarverma

have you ever seen this little video?

http://www.punchbaby.com/media/latrz/clips/cool/SuperBike.wmv

even after I realized that his speedo was registering kph, I was still
holding my breath through the whole clip.

..thought you might enjoy

oops!missed the post altogether at the first place.

video is :devilr: ,but tell me one thing....when the rider is doing wheelie, his speedometer is showning speed,isnt the speedo cable connected to the front tyres?

sagarverma said:
...isnt the speedo cable connected to the front tyres?

Doesn't look like it. Would also be a little more difficult to make, considering that the front wheel has to turn side-side.

Although I have very little clue (or none at all) about bikes, I would expect the tacho-output near the gearbox output shaft.
(pure guessing, though).

Driving this way on a public road, he must have a 1-digit IQ.
Even if a crash would (probably) be worse for his health than for the bus or camper, it's a scene I would rather not be part of, regardless which vehicle I would be in.

He deserves to meet an oil slick in the curtesey lane, while nobody is near. What an idiot.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.