More engineering humor

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
explaining jokes is something you just don't do. Either you 'get it', or you don't. If you don;t,: too bad, if you do 'get it', you're probably at the same level as the guy making the joke. WHatever level that may be...

An Englishman laughs three times at a joke.

Once when you tell it.

Once when he asks you to repeat it.

Once when he get it.

I'm allowed to post this according to Politically Correct guidelines because I'm about 1/4 English.

What do you get when you cross a UNIX system administrator, electrical engineer, refrigeration engineer, and model?
See left.

The world needs more people like you... and more guys who accept that women can look good and be intelligent at the same time :)

My only concern is that a study showed a significant link between women IQ and being single. The smarter, the higher the percentage of women who choose to be singles.
Not a good sign for the world population... or for us men. :D

Jennice

UK Engineers idea of humor (in the Daily Mail) -- No, she's NOT a beekeeper. This woman believes that her bizarre headgear can save her from the dangerous electrosmog all around us. Can she possibly be right?

Before knocking on Sarah Dacre's door, I take the precaution of checking my mobile phone. It's switched off, as she has requested.

"Last time someone came to visit," she warns, "I started feeling awfully nauseous. It turned out he had a picture phone with him and had left it switched on. A picture phone!"

She pauses, looking genuinely horrified. Apparently, this type of mobile automatically sends signals to a local base station every nine minutes - "No wonder I felt so sick."

sARAH260407_228x352.jpg

Phony Lady

It's perfectly clear to me that this dear old duck will soon be auditioning for a part in Midsomer Murders. This is a TV series on ITV1, not unlike Inspector Morse, filmed in the Chilterns and full of quirky kooks that the producers seem to think inhabit rural English villages like mine. The producers find some crumbling village cottage to use as part of a set and they pay about £1500 per day to the lucky person who owns it.
In one episode they excelled themselves by dressing up the public toilet block in Thame as the 'Causton Public Library' and this resulted in numerous pensioners writing to popular radio announcers to complain that their facilities were being desecrated.

Christer said:

Thanks! I haven't laughed so much for a very long time. I have mailed the link to some of my book-loving friends who think computers are difficult to understand.

This video is not really engineering humor, but maybe we can make an exception
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1365353836237246497
This reminds me of a time when my wife was chatting with a few friends in the US, and she pronounced a word in a way that sounded like the familiar four lettered word commonly seen the NY subways. That really made heads turn.

:xeye:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.