Resistor Sound Quality?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine has emigrated...!:)

For the record Nicoch I have more than one system, my favourite, because I like the presentation even though I know it is flawed and not true high fidelity is a monoblock class A SET valve amp with OB full range with either streamed music or getting my record collection out and bashing a few LPs.... There is just something so retro and it reminds me of my teenage years, when my system was my Aunts old stereo valve set-up from a music centre played through my bass cab (4x10") mono.... LP covers were very useful for other duties whilst listening to 70S prog rock:D:D
nice ,I love marillion ,my Vox alnico rock too
same system I love OB too

Last edited:
Your error here is your assumption that there were no tests done with positive controls. You get to be wrong!

You seem to have strong preconceptions.... ;)

I´ve responded to your post http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/lounge/64538-resistor-sound-quality-163.html#post4547365 and quoted the sentence that triggered my attention.
As said before your conclusion isn´t justified by the experimental results as no positive controls were included (according to your description).

My only assumption was that you might not have fully realized what the purpose of positive and negative controls is and why it is mandatory to incorporate controls on sufficient sensitivity levels.
Otherwise it isn´t possible to draw further (even far reaching) conclusions beside the most basic "null hypothesis could be rejected" or "couldn´t rejected".

Considering your assertion
The easiest positive control to obtain is that the listeners can still hear the difference they are used to hearing after the system has the switching gear incorporated into it, based on their sighted evaluations.

i think that my assumption wasn´t unfounded as, what you´ve described, constitutes no positive control.

Last edited:
You seem to have strong preconceptions.... ;)

I´ve responded to your post http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/lounge/64538-resistor-sound-quality-163.html#post4547365 and quoted the sentence that triggered my attention.
As said before your conclusion isn´t justified by the experimental results as no positive controls were included (according to your description).

Please try linking your alleged post instead of my post. I know what I posted and your post should quote it and link to it anyway.

I've looked through the thread twice and reviewed your posts with a forum search and I can't find any relevant response from you.

nicoch58 said:
Your conclusion is that we can QUIT DIYAUDIO as we cannot find difference in audio stuff

We are DIY's here do not forget this
We DIY audio because we enjoy DIYing, not because we expect to make our music any better than we could hear with any competently engineered commercial system. Those who are looking for the crock of gold will find that they can never reach the end of the rainbow; especially those who don't understand rainbows.

We DIY audio because we enjoy DIYing, not because we expect to make our music any better than we could hear with any competently engineered commercial system. Those who are looking for the crock of gold will find that they can never reach the end of the rainbow; especially those who don't understand rainbows.
you misrepresent my word that are for arnyk and relate is audiophiles friends...please DF96 !
PS there isn't a commercial amp like mine or a speakers

Last edited:

Right. Just like I enjoy working on my house because I enjoy working with my hands, not because I think that by my efforts its beauty will suddenly surpass that of every other house in the world, country, state, city or even the neighborhood.

are you this arny krueger ?

Attachments

• hegreatdebate.3.jpg
    hegreatdebate.3.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
Which it is, but is obviously hard to accept if one believes that this

"The easiest positive control to obtain is that the listeners can still hear the difference they are used to hearing after the system has the switching gear incorporated into it, based on their sighted evaluations."

really describes a positive control.

Using some authoritative definition of positive control, please explain why that wasn't a positive control.

Status
Not open for further replies.