Everyone look here for a VERY good cause

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Check out this link and PLEASE PLEASE help out if you can.

Mods, if this is against the rules I appologise, I'm just trying to help out a club member.

To sum it up, this guy's kid has cancer, is in remission and needs a treatment in NY (he's from TX) to help ensure it doesn't come back. The kid has an 80% chance of a relapse. The family's strapped for cash and looking for a little helping hand.

http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.asp?m=2070993&p=1&tmode=1&smode=1

I know people have to worry about getting hosed, but I'm sure that's not the case with this one. I don't know the guy personally, but he is a respected memeber of that forum (one I'm on most of the time) and has been updating us on his son's condition for quite some time now. that thread wasn't is first mention of his son, and that pic has been in his sig for a very long time now.
I'm 99.99999999% sure this is legit (not knowing him personally I can't say 100%, but you get the picture). he's not asking for millions, just what people can spare to help a kid out. I put a bit in on the raffel (cause I own a GTP, so it's win win on both sides there).

I KNOW the companies offering products on the raffel are legit. I've talked to the owners of a couple of them personally a few times when asking about products. I'm sure they wouldn't offer their products for somethign they were unsure of.

I know I'm a new member here and that throws up a red flag when you read these kinds of posts, but I've been on ClubGP for about 2 years and www.elitecaraudio.com for even longer. Don't know what that's worth, but I'm just trying to clear the air a bit. If you dont want to donate anything, that's perfectly alright and understandable. But if you do it will go to the kid, not a plane ticket to the Bahamas or anything.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.