Texas

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I don't understand what it means to "go to Texas." I'm new here. What is all this fighting about? Why is everyone so mad at everyone? Can't we all just get along?

Anyway, what's wrong with Texas? Texas is a great state. Our beloved President is from Texas! Why do you call your dump site Texas? Call it New York or California or some other more appropriate place like that. Texas is God's country!!

oh yeah?

oh really? texas is God's country?

well, i'm a yankee transplant in texas right now, and i doubt God wants his people heavily armed, frequenting tittie bars the day before they worship him in church, and supporting the regular bodily execution of lawbreakers.

then again i could be wrong about what God wants....NOT.

but i know i'm right when i say texas is america's version of Gulag . independent progressive thought is not welcome here in texas.

(and yes, my wife & i are planning to move)

rhyno

Ah... now I understand why a texan has started this war... texas is the holy state itself... how could I have missed it? :D :clown:
and I thought you have only one god: money(the rest are the helpers to get to your god: lawyers, oil, bush, God(Send me money, send me green / Heaven you will meet / Make your contribution / and you'll get a better seat ?) etc)
you enjoy it a lot having "in god we trust" on your bills when you have the god itself in your hand

till said:

may it help to send some of those large amounts of psychaters from NYC to texas?

TEXANS!!! please keep those sort of beloved presidents in texas in future!

And Germany will always have it's great contributions, as well, Till... ;)

Regarding why they named the forum where they send all the unruly posts "Texas" -

It is a reference from the book Schrodinger's Cat Trilogy:

In the book, the 1st Libertarian President closed all the prisons, put a force-field around Texas, then sent all the criminals there.

At least that is what Dave (Planet 10) told me...

To all of you small minded people peolpe who don't want to be here in my beloved state, Get the hell out! What's holding you. Is it that you can't afford to live under the tax burden of the rest of the states? Can't afford housing in one of the other states? Can't find a job? Does your heart break everytime one of us shoots a deer or catches a icechest full of fish?

Maybe god wants us to worship breasts on Satuday night.

Brian Donaldson said:
To all of you small minded people peolpe who don't want to be here in my beloved state, Get the hell out! What's holding you. Is it that you can't afford to live under the tax burden of the rest of the states? Can't afford housing in one of the other states? Can't find a job? Does your heart break everytime one of us shoots a deer or catches a icechest full of fish?

Lovely. I like the example of democracy that you are giving...

I'm happy to join THAT church.

People from other countries often don't comprehend how BIG Texas is. If you go from Amarillo to Dallas to Austin to Brownsville, you might as well be in several different countries, not just because of the distance (Texas is about the size of all of Western Europe), but because of the VERY different cultures in these places. And language, too.

Not to sound condescending here but,

I have a friend who has lived here for about 8 years but grew up in the Fort Worth area. We spend lots of time talking about the differences between there and here. Some of the stuff amazes me, and him too, but the nice thing to discover is that when you get right down to it, he's my good friend and it seems to matter not whence you came, but whom you are.

I'm not sure why they chose Texas. No need to blame your concerns on the State.

I'm thinking perhaps Siberia. Not sure I've ever met someone from Siberia that didn't wish they lived somewhere else. Perhaps someone on this forum?

Maybe time to lighten up on the spear chucking there boys.

Cheers
Cal

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.