Euro 2004, anyone interested?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
180 km/hr? That's enviromentally irresponsible. Think of all of the Iraqis your killing by waisting that much fuel. ;)
At that speed, I get less than 7 MPG. I know, I drove that fast from Louisiana to Houston one night (250 miles. didn't make it on 1 tank)

PS I passed that emissions inspection, but not by as good of a margin as last year

Gas................allowed.........My big van
HC (PPM).......142................ 62
CO (%).............6.................0.04
O2........................................0.4
NOx(ppm)......1602...............105

Last year the hc was below 10 ppm. I had cheap gas at the time of the test and it was running a little rough at idle.

Sorry to thread jack. Now back to our scheduled topic.

Brian dear, speak for yourself...
@ 180Km/H I am @ 3000RPM and it takes ~ 7.3L/100Km since I am cruising not brakeing/accelerating. I do 180 only when the conditions make it possible.
Not to speak that if you were to drive 180kmh you would break any law and the noise inside your car would be nothing to neglect(bye bye hifi).

There is generally no speed limit on any autobahn in germany and even when there is, it is usually 120 but everybody is doing 140. This greatly helps the traffic without any serious problems caused by speed. You feel it especially when you cross the border into germany from france, belgium, nl... the german autobahns look empty in comparison to those highways in the other countries.

roibm said:
Brian dear, speak for yourself...
@ 180Km/H I am @ 3000RPM and it takes ~ 7.3L/100Km since I am cruising not brakeing/accelerating. I do 180 only when the conditions make it possible.
Not to speak that if you were to drive 180kmh you would break any law and the noise inside your car would be nothing to neglect(bye bye hifi).

There is generally no speed limit on any autobahn in germany and even when there is, it is usually 120 but everybody is doing 140. This greatly helps the traffic without any serious problems caused by speed. You feel it especially when you cross the border into germany from france, belgium, nl... the german autobahns look empty in comparison to those highways in the other countries.

and you haven't even compared the fuel consumption between german and american cars :D

Bricolo said:
and you haven't even compared the fuel consumption between german and american cars :D
How about this: 150HP, 320Nm @1900 RPM out of a 1.9/4cyl @ 5.6L/100Km average, max 215Km/H standard(not tuned) engine? :D
It is also interesting what the german and jap engineers are saying about the us engines/gearbox/electronic system(the engineers that have worked for some us car makers in one way or another). For me, it's enough the very fact that I know of no real engine/gearbox innovation coming from us car makers.

carlosfm said:
5000cc with 150hp is normal there...:clown:
You have to understand what is going on over there... Research for better engines costs a lot of money while the fuel costs a third of the price here. It is actually cheaper to spy than research most of the times.

carlosfm said:
If Portugal doesn't win today I'll take my flag out of the window!:mad:
I don't know what's the matter with these guys...:bawling:
Hey, keep it cool... we didn't even make it to the euro... ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.