Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Tinnitus.. anyone else got it?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st January 2018, 01:29 AM   #181
HarryY is offline HarryY  United States
diyAudio Member

I try to avoid loud noises, and wear hearing protection. it seems to have lessened.

I have a sister who says that certain chemicals make her ears ring.
Old 21st January 2018, 06:29 PM   #182
KaffiMann is offline KaffiMann  Norway
diyAudio Member

I've fiigured out that If I turn off the fluorescent lights in my office, the noise is not quite as bad when I get home. It's not good working on a computer in the dark though.

I have measured the noise in the open space and the various office compartments along the walls, a lot of peaks from 10khz and up, some coincide with my tinnitus. It (my tinnitus) always seems to change when I move my head, so it is difficult to discern if it is an actual sound or my own ears making it.

Will have to try wearing protective gear in my office for a week, people will probably just blame it on me being my normal self.

Last edited by KaffiMann; 21st January 2018 at 06:31 PM.
Old 21st January 2018, 10:20 PM   #183
scottjoplin is offline scottjoplin  Wales
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGimp View Post
Scott, what hearing aids do you have?
ReSound Danalogic. As far as I'm aware they're set just to compensate for my hearing loss. I think I have the option for white noise as well, it would have to be set by the audiologist, but it isn't something I've looked into
Old 27th January 2018, 11:17 AM   #184
diyAudio Member

Does anyone find that headphones help? I don't often use mine but I was listening last night on them for the first time in a few months and they did appear to help a bit, of course, I kept the the volume good and low, that to my mind, is the point of headphones that people tend to forget
Old 29th January 2018, 08:15 AM   #185
diyAudio Member

I have three sets of "good enough" headphones, my favorites are the silver akg k141 sextet, tied with the golden k141 monitor, they are somewhat different but sound very good, not for the bass heads, but detailed and "effortless". Think less about the noise afterwards, can almost fool myself into thinking it is possible to hear more than 13500hz. Maybe a couple more years I will hear nothing over 10khz. Really hoping those scientists can sell us a "ear rejuvination kit" soon.
Old 2nd February 2018, 08:20 PM   #186
diyAudio Member

COMiTID study update improving the future of tinnitus research | Action on Hearing Loss
Old 3rd February 2018, 12:49 PM   #187
diyAudio Member

Yes, but that's avoiding the problem, not solving it.
Old 3rd February 2018, 01:42 PM   #188
diyAudio Member

True, unfortunately it's the nature of these things, and particularly with something like tinnitus, it's very difficult to define how to evaluate it

Tinnitus.. anyone else got it?Hide this!Advertise here!